Monday, November 25, 2013

Changing Minds for a Better Future

Tomorrow is the future and our nation's system of education requires some redirection. 

How do we educate children today and beyond? My observation of children today suggest our approach to equipping with college readiness skills should include more real-life experiences. How can public schools implement project-based learning with an accountability assessment centered around multiple choice answers? What is the probability of developing an assessment for students to demonstrate their thinking?

Change is inevitable. Therefore, If we are to create a society of innovators, inventors, and entrepreneurs we must develop a system by which students can simulate the very future we envision. There remains no more time for mediocrity. We must act now! 

Our system of government stands in need of redirection on the future of public education. Capitalism, without purposed direction, is a threat to education and the future of a GREAT nation. 

The uniqueness of today's children when compared to a generation of manufacturers is like unto a generation that explored the moon. Our children breathe the air of innovation and stand ready with the most sofistocated tools at the tips of their fingers. It is our DUTY to create opportunities for success! 

I think therefore I teach!

We must change our minds to change our behavior to change our lives!

Our furture depends on it! 

2 comments:

  1. I look at the environment that my grandsons will have to embrace in the educational system. It is unfortunately frightening to me for different reasons. I fear not only for the level of knowledge they will attain but also their physical safety. I can not think of these situation without considering my faith walk. Prayer is the most important thing I can offer my grandchildren and then I can teach them as I was taught. In my opinion there needs to be an environment the cultivates learning, that assures safety, and that encourages success. I applaud the great efforts of the dedicated educators who have committed themselves to assuring our children have the opportunity for success. I know that the battle has been long and hard fought, however, our children are well worth it.

    ReplyDelete